Grumpy got the back yard, patio and gazebo mucked out and ready for our RS progressive dinner to have their dessert course here (the whole group). Hopefully it won't rain as that would put a real damper on our plans. It's looking pretty nice out there now. There's nothing like volunteering your home for something to get things done. I hope I can remember to take some pictures of some of the things coming up this week.
I got out the candy making book, thought I had my copy, but it was Nana's. It has all kinds of notes and comments on the pages she would use to make her specialities. That brought immediate tears, but it was so fun to see the things she had written. I have to get some pictures or a scan of that. When I do I will post those recipes on “thecooksinnanasnook” blog site for all of us.
Lots to do, time is slipping by and Christmas day will be here. I hope I can get everything done. We'll see.
4 comments:
I couldn't have pulled off the RS dinner at my house without your help....glad that my brother was there for you! I was wondering if anyone helped you like you helped all of us?????
I will help you anytime you need you know...you just have to come get me for the day! It looked really pretty outside the other night and Nan would be so happy at the pretty lights! She loved the Christmas decorating inside & out! And, every time we find one of her little notes when we are over there it is very sentimental of course! We found a couple while we were cleaning out the pantry that day. Anyway, thanks for all you do for the people in your life and we too are loving the 12 days of christmas you & Dad and doing...can't wait to see what today brings! :)
I've said it before and I'll say it again...I love our family traditions! Can't imagine being part of a family where there are no real traditions! Thanks again to you and Dad for carrying them through! I even have our kids pajamas for Christmas Eve every year! Love you!
i love all your christmas backgrounds!!! you don't have any spare ones hanging around do ya? lol
Post a Comment