




Middle of the week movies. Most of the time with one or more of the girls. I'm getting to really enjoy this mid-week spot of fun. Sometimes Tawna will call and say let's go, it starts in an hour; sometimes Jade (okay, Jade is pretty much willing and able to go most of the time) is the instigator; tonight it was Stacie calling with a 20 minute window to go see “He's Just Not That Into You”. In addition to tonight's fare on our weeks of recent past we have seen “Last Chance Harvey”, “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button”, Grumpy and I went to “Taken”, and next week is “Bride Wars”. So far I have enjoyed them all, some of them I don't feel the need to add to my library when they come out. I think I have seen “Twilight” no less than 4 times and enjoyed it all 4 times. That one will be in the library for sure. I have re-read the series and I don't often do that. Maybe Ali's Jeremy should check it out. He might even enjoy it. Whether reading or watching a story unfold, I love to get lost in a good tale. I loved to read as a child and can remember my Dad asking me if I was going to read through all of Europe when we were there. I was nine when we were stationed there and as we travelled I would sit in the car and read Nancy Drew mysteries non stop. I wish I had kept those books. When I had read them all I started on the Hardy Boys. I love books. I love movies. Fairy tales are the best. That's probably why I enjoyed Twilight so much - a romantic, crazy kind of fairy tale adventure. I have managed to collect many books and so enjoy being able to lend good books to grandkids, and all of our family. It's even fun to talk about books and movies and see what it is that people enjoyed about them. Grumpy and I have a long history of movie watching together, what could be better than cuddling and watching a good story? Okay, there are a few things better than that, but it is definitely in the top 5. There are some good movies coming out, so more good times ahead. Thanks for the invitation girls - loving the time with you. More of you need to come and go with us. We'll try and plan ahead a little better.
2 comments:
Let me know, sometimes I might be able to get there! I love movies too, as long as they don't have scenes that make me feel like I'm looking thru a keyhole! LOL!
How come I am never invited to these movies? I didn't even know you guys go! How rude! Pick up the phone people...geese!
Post a Comment