September was a blur. It was colored in peach, tomato red and pear green/yellow tones. I remember glass jars, steam canners and lots of water. I enjoyed the canning craze that was September, but am glad for the break until apples. We spent some time in the cooler mountains with our friends at their cabin and that was nice indeed. My friend Leigh and I canned at the cabin too. It was really fun. Her first experience with peaches. They turned out beautiful and look so right on her cupboard shelves in the mountains. I am having a “down day” in which I am sort of dressed (if a yucky house dress qualifies) crazy almost combed hair and popping a few motrin now and then to sooth tired back muscles. I like a day like that now and then. It makes me really appreciate the days I'm productive and out and about. I have been truly awful at calling people, so I apologize for being pretty lame in the friend, sister, sister-in-law, Mom and yes, even wife department in the recent past. As this blog is the only way I journal, I guess I need to get back into getting my life and times posted more often again.
Tawna is mostly all moved. Her new house is great and I hope they enjoy being there. It seems like a good change for them. Robert is settled into his new apartment and trying to stay busy at work. I like his new digs and hope he does too. He is getting it fixed up with things he likes and that is a good thing. Grumpy and I are going to start downsizing everything that is left in the basement. The old adage of “if you haven't missed it in a year, you probably don't need it” is going to apply. There's nothing like getting rid of stuff to feel better. Jade and Jeff moved their kids to their school campus of last year and they are doing great. Aden especially likes his new teacher. Richard and Stacie's kids are in full athletic swing. T-ball for Rylan, Flag Football for Austin and Softball for Megan. (or was it soccer?) Sounds like lots of driving for the crazy harmon car. Taya and Kevin are maintaining and the kids are doing great. The school kids like their teachers and are glad to be back with friends and activities there. Lauren is attending Miss Tawna's preschool and loving that. Emmy is Emmy and we love watching her funny ways. Summer and Jamie are doing well with their Ace Automotive Repair Shop. Taylor and Jordyn are a year older and liking their school days too. Rylee is enjoying her new school this year and making new friends.
Sounds like a Christmas letter, Huh? That's probably the closest I'll get to one.
Okay, part of my “down day” includes a re-reading of “New Moon”. I want to get the story straight in my head so I can recognize all the changing the movie will do to the story. I hope they don't get too far off. I really like the story.
4 comments:
1 month and 18 days until New Moon!!!! Thanks for all of your help with canning and everything else! You are always a great Mom, sister, friend and wife!!! Can I come have a down day??? :)
new digs? explain.....
Anyone can come on a down day. The rules are no kids, must wear pajamas and no make-up or cute hair. Nothing especially nutritional to eat and something chocolate must be eaten.
I'm so jealous, all I have to show for the last month, is that I'm walking...sort of! Wish I had all the bottled stuff, and it sounds like more fun than going to Pysical Therapy!!!
Post a Comment