Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Steve, The Elk



Meet Steve, the Elk. He is a big, 6 point young bull that now graces the living room wall. I suppose he is handsome, as bull elk's go. He is Grumpy's first elk kill, and Grumpy is walking around with a big smile on his face to see his prize every day. I have nothing against the occasional trophy hanging on the wall, and it's on a very big wall that needed something to take up some space. In fact, after hanging it up Grumpy decided it looked "puny" on the wall because it is such a big wall. There is nothing puny about it. I imagine when we do look for a house, it will have to have at least one big wall in it to accommodate Steve. We decided to name the Elk so Rylee came up with Steve. She said it was a good name for an elk. I guess elk season is coming up again soon. I told Grumpy we only have room for Steve, so if he gets another one, it will have to go un-trophied. We both grew up in homes where there are trophies, so it isn't a big stretch to get used to Steve.

I, however have transferred some bad luck incidents in life to be Steve's fault, even though I know better, so it may take a while for me to really like him. I don't think my attitude will hurt his feelings much.

He is just hanging out with the fam.

2 comments:

faith said...

Steve is mighty fine!! Glad you guys got him all settled into his new place!

faith said...

p.s. this is Tawna!