I finally feel a little more like this is home as things go up on the walls. I took a shot of the grand wall (complete with spiders for now). I love laying on the couch and looking at the pics. I will love it even more when I get some more pics (hint, hint). One of these days I will go through my picture files and pull out candids of the various and many grands I am missing on my wall. I would prefer more current ones though. I'm just saying…
Grumpy is right at home though. Far better now than that camp chair and office chair he was using. He seems to be happy in our little nest here. Our cable entity, Suddenlink, does not have BYU channel in their line-up of channels. I will continue to entreat them to add said channel, but in the meantime we watched conference on my computer. It wasn't too different, but it would have been better on the bigger screen in the living room. We were glad to get it on the computer though. What wonderful technology we enjoy these days. I am old enough to remember dressing up and going to the stake centers with everyone else to watch it. It is definitely more quiet in the home. And I can have hot chocolate if I want.
You can see in the pic of Grumpy that there are pieces of fabric with leaves drawn on them lying about. I am working on table decor for the women in our fam to have for the fall. I hope I get them done in time to actually enjoy them out on the tables for awhile before it's time for the Christmas decor. Speaking of Christmas… I found a wonderful store here in Midland that is dedicated to the holidays. I went in yesterday knowing I would buy nothing and really did buy nothing. Quite a feat, I must say. They even had the most glorious ribbon, and we all know how I feel about ribbon. I stood in front of the ribbon display and drooled for bit, then made my legs take me to a different part of the store. I saw things I wanted to buy for everyone. Me too. I wish I had more money than I knew what to do with. I love Christmas stuff. When I left the store for the parking lot, of course the wind was blowing. I think it always blows here. So far anyway. I am including a pic of what my hair looks like most of the time here. I went out on my little balcony and took this shot of myself. Hair everywhere. Such is life in our little west Texas town.
2 comments:
I LOVE the apartment from what I can see here in pics! You always make your homes nice no matter what! I will get you 5x7's of all our kids when we get family pics done sooner or later... maybe beginning of December??? :)
Your apartment is sooooo nice & it looks great!!!!! I LOVE your picture wall! I will send pics of my kiddos in the package tomorrow.
p.s. I like your hair!!:)
Post a Comment