Tuesday, November 8, 2011

In the Kitchen Lately…

I have been spending a lot more time in the kitchen of late and trying to learn to cook for 2. Apparently it is going to take awhile. So far the guys at Grumpy's work have had to help us eat beef stew, chili beans and apple pie. I froze some of the extra's like rocket soup, chicken poblano soup and some more beef stew. I think the neighbors might have to help with the lemon pie I made yesterday. Below are pics of the new recipe for Chicken Poblano Soup (first place winner from the contest sponsored by LDS Living) and the lemon pie. I haven't done a meringue in years and I think Nana would be impressed. It didn't "sweat". She tried for years to make a meringue that didn't get the sugary sweat beads on it. I didn't mind them, but she did. I couldn't tell you why it was successful, I just did it like the recipe said. I am posting the soup recipe on Nana's blog for anyone who wants to try a really good soup recipe. We love soup!




Grumpy is happy to not eat out so much as with all his previous travel time he did that a lot. He does love home cooked meals. He says I am making him gain some weight back…not me buddy! It's the seconds because he loves food. I love him no matter what, so it is what it is. We eat Tacos a lot, it is one of our all time favs. I am going to do stacked Enchiladas this Sunday for our first dinner guests.

We are enjoying our time together here. I love that Grumpy is not on the road so much and we can sit and talk and go places here in Midland. He is pretty good to run errands with me (as I am still lost most of the time) and likes to grocery shop. I baked 8doz.+ peanut butter cookies for a ward Habitat for Humanity project. Our ward made lunches for all the people working on the home. We spent some time putting lunches together and talking to people. I am trying not to be a stick-in-the-mud so much, and once in a while I succeed. Okay, I have to go out and do some errands now. (Oh bother!)

1 comment:

Taya said...

I am fasting and that looks REALLY good!!!! :) YUMMMMMM....