Sunday, July 1, 2012

Father's Day 2012

After a grim Father's Day last year, we had a good time celebrating that holiday this year. We were in Arizona with our kids, (most of them anyway) and it was a fun time. Robert found this funny shirt and of course Grumpy loved it. He loves T-shirts and Hats! He has quite a collection of both. I need to remember to rescue the shirts before he wears them completely out and start saving them for a T shirt quilt for him someday. The hats....I don't know. Right now they live in several boxes in various places. We had both our Dads over for dinner that day. Grumpy picked Swiss Steak for his dinner. Everyone helped and it was a grand dinner. Our attendees were Gramma and Papa Harmon, Aunt Kay, Papa Kanaga, Jade with Jaxon, Ryker and Aden in tow, Robert, Jamie and Summer with Jordyn and Rylee along. I can't remember if Taylor was there or not. I should have posted before I slept a lot! Tawna and Nathan with Faith and Chance went to San Diego to visit his Dad, Taya and Kevin and their family were of course in Buellton and R.B. and Stacie were on an Alaskan Cruise. I was a little jealous that we weren't there too, we loved our Alaskan cruise. Would totally go again. Someday.




Tawna made this fun card and some Snickerdoodles (which I ate most of) for Grumpy before they left for California. She did these cute cards with her activity day girls and got them all ready for their Father's Day. Summer and Jamie got a great orange (Grumpy's fav color) bucket and stocked it with popcorn and M&Ms. And Almond Joys too. I must confess, I got the M&Ms, but I didn't get into his Almond Joys or Popcorn. He does love his popcorn. He ate some of his Almond Joys on the drive back to Midland. Good stuff!



Taya has pictures for him, but I will pick them up when I go to see her in a few days. Jade wants to treat him to his first pedicure. I have to be there to see that! It was a great day. I love all the happy noise and the whole 3 ring circus that goes on with so much family. We got Papa Harmon a large box of Jiff to Go! Individual portions of peanut butter for him to take with him wherever he goes. He loves peanut butter! My brother and sister & I got Papa Kanaga an apple tv gadget. Now he can get all his documentaries and other shows he likes on NetFlix, etc. He will enjoy that. Some of our boyz (above) on Father's Day. Good Food, Good Times, Good Family.

What's better than that?

No comments: