Wednesday, July 1, 2009

July


July is the month that signals that summer is half over. Unfortunately it is also the first of the worst months (heat wise) of summer. I do enjoy the monsoons though, and have always been up for watching the lightning light up the sky. We have just a few birthdays this month, it's America's birthday, Robert's, Summer's, Jade's, Austin's, Jennifer's and Dawson's. It is also Gramma and Papa H's anniversary. They always seem to be traveling for their anniversary - I guess I would too if it were in July and I could go somewhere else besides the valley of the sun. I typically grin and bear the heat and the added humidity through July, gnash my teeth through August and am downright mean and nasty by September. The only good thing is that there are very few snowbirds here now, so there are a few hotter than hades months to thank for that blessing.

Papa's eye surgery went well and he is scheduled for the other eye the end of July. Grumpy and I are being boring and staying home for the 4th. I will make ice cream and BBQ for a pretty traditional day and am looking forward to not being out on the roads traveling. My dream is to have a cabin in the mountains where the kids can enjoy the cooler weather and spend some time together enjoying a simpler life. Not too simple, just not as busy as here. We still love our computers, DS systems, Wii, and all the other pastimes of today. What would I do without all the NCIS re-runs?

Here's to getting through July with a good attitude.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The cabin will be nice! We will miss your homemade ice cream but are looking forward to going to the beach!!!! They do some beautiful fireworks right off of the piers!